When social media apps like Twitter and Instagram were already embracing the dark mode in the supported phones, Facebook was a laggard. Though Facebook announced that it is working on the dark mode for phones and it was in 2020, only web app had got the feature till now. The social media giant made the announcement in 2020 only, but almost at the year-end, the feature is ready, and we will tell you how to use Dark Mode in the Facebook app on your phone.
- Also Read: How to Use Free Google Photos to Upload Your iPhone Pictures?
- Helpful article: How to fix the heating issues of your smartphone?
We do not have the official announcement from Facebook but serial leaker Jane Wong and technology communications manager, Alexandru Voica from Facebook have revealed that the Dark Mode feature is ready to use.
Note: The rollout is in a phased manner, so it may not be available for all the smartphones out there. Update the Facebook app first.
- For iOS: App Store>> Click Profile picture>> Find Facebook app and update it, if available.
- For Android: Play store>> Menu>> My apps & games>> Update Facebook.
You can also update it simply by searching the app in the App Store or Play Store.
After the update, launch the Facebook app on your phone.
1. Open Facebook. Click on the Menu button on the top/bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Find out and click on Settings & Privacy.
3. You will find the option of Dark Mode there, click on it.
4. You will see three options there:
- On: Choose this option to turn the Dark Mode on for your Facebook app all the time.
- Off: Turns off the Dark Mode.
- System: Choose this one to let Facebook decide according to the settings of your phone. If you have turned Dark Mode on your phone, then the app will be in the same mode, likewise for Light Mode.
Using the above options, you can turn Dark Mode on in your Facebook app, whether on an iPhone or Android phone. The reason why Dark Mode is so popular because it comes in handy when you want to save the battery life or enhance your viewing experience.
Facebook allows not only to share your photos/videos with the world but also helps grow your business, interact with clients and followers by building a page, or if feeling bored, play instant games. Facebook has a wide range of features/options to keep you engaged. So if you wish to see any new feature in the Facebook app, let us know.